Wednesday, October 11, 2006

www.freedomtofascism.com. Saw the movie tonight...

Wow.

Went to the website again when I got home and saw this:

Midway through Aaron Russo's America: Freedom to Fascism I turned to a friend and found him looking shell-shocked. "Everything okay?" I whispered.
"Ignorance really is bliss," he answered.
The look of discomfort remained on his face until we left the theater. "I've known most of the information they presented for a couple of years," I said. "But it's wild to see it all put together like that."
"You've known about this stuff for that long?"
"Yeah," I shrugged as we walked towards our cars.
"Man, how do you get through the day?"
That's a good question.

I’m both of these guys. I’ve known most of this stuff for awhile, but I’m still shell-shocked. Really, how do I get through a day? My folks raised me to go along with the program. Under their tutelage, I would have gladly signed up for the chip. But here I am, paying my taxes like a good girl, and thinking I’m some sort of neo-patriot. So I have to ask myself, could I go back? Would I get chipped just to avoid the consequences? God, no. But how important is it to be an American? Do I stay and fight, or go someplace else? I've told myself that there is nowhere on earth where you can be free, besides America. But we've lost it. Really lost it.

I'm going to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home