Thursday, April 06, 2006

Pascha

This is our fifth Lenten season as Orthoox Christians. Its a busy time, partly because of all of the planning for Holy Week, all the mid week services, upcoming baptisms... But also because I think the Enemy wants to get me off track. I didn't have this problem as a Protestant. Easter really wasn't that big of a deal. We bought dresses and baskets and chocolate and planned a big Sunday dinner. But that next Monday it all got put away and we got back to our regular lives. I truly did want to live a holy life every day, which is why I didn't put much emphasis on holy days. But I came to understand that I wasn't capable of it. I just couldn't keep it up, day in, day out, this year, next year. I didn't understand my real need for specific times that are intented to be holy.

So now we fast for forty days before Pascha, and each year I anticipate the risen Lord a bit more than I did the year before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home