Saturday, February 04, 2006

Remembering

I just spent 4 days at Disneyland with my two youngest daughters.

I used to think that all those mothers who bought their kids those little autograph books were caving. What on earth is the value of a book full of autographs of college students pretending to be cartoon characters? Just another piece of junk to throw on the pile I call home.

But this year I did it. My oldest children are teenagers now, and it all seems to have slipped away from me. I swore I would remember it all, but I haven't. And I'm not sure how it all plays out in their memories. Do they remember the good parts? Or just getting grounded?

So we made the rounds, and met the princesses. We got the autographs and the photographs. I'm not sure what it means. But I feel old. And I need help with remembering.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home